To develop policy recommendations and tools to address major global environmental and energy issues, including climate change and green economy within the framework of sustainable development, and make a substantive contribution to key intergovernmental discussions in these areas.
Projects for 2017-2018
- Prepare global business priorities on energy, including infrastructure investment and technological innovation, business systems, access, efficiency, security, and public-private partnerships.
- Pursue the development of global business positions on climate change related to the entry into force and implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Paris Climate Agreement, including market- and non-market mechanisms, climate finance, and developing ICC views on trade and climate change as a joint project with the ICC Commission on Trade and Investment Policy.
- Continue to act as the business and industry focal point in the UNFCCC process, organise activities and events including the Business and Climate Summit and related «Business days», side events, and representation in the technology and finance branches of the UNFCCC as well as the World Bank Climate Investment Funds.
- Develop global business positions and tools on green economy and provide business input and expertise to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), in particular on the International Resource Panel and Green Economy Initiative.
- Develop a global business position on water.
- Prepare and advance global business priorities on biodiversity and provide related input to the Convention on Biodiversity.